Sunday, October 13, 2013

There Are Smalls And Then There Are Tinys

 I always buy smalls due to my limited space but yesterday I aimed at the really smalls.  I was specifically looking for things I could use in making more shadowboxes, although The Husband is cautioning me to wait and see if anyone will buy one before I make very many more.  I am going to use these cheese boxes and make a couple of smaller ones.  Yes, I just typed "small" for the third time.
Those iced tea spoons with the twisty handles are "talls".  HeHe!  They appear to match but they are really two different patterns and one of them says Coin Silver, but I think it is just plated.  Shadow box fodder.
 I got a poke sack that had a bunch of picture hangers I wanted and the wood switch plates and wet sandpaper were along for the ride.  It was marked $1.99 which is a good price for about 50 new picture hangers.  When I got to the checkout the clerk said they had a new policy that if their sorting crew didn't remove or cover all the old garage sale or Goodwill price tags they were obligated to sell it for that price.  One of the items inside was clearly marked 25¢.  Score!
 Most of this loot came from Nina and Joe's.  They are back from their buying trip but don't have the new merchandise in the shop yet.  The dolls are from the VOA.  The little girl above has already lost her head, as often happens to pretty girls.
 The postcard is Princess Victoria Luise of Prussia.  She kept her head and lived until 1980.  I adore the handwriting on the back!
There are days when I feel just exactly like this.

14 comments:

Andy's Attic said...

LOL at the pretty girl losing her head. I see a sweet little green shoe and a tiny horse and some very cute little bottles, really fun things. That last doll, though, kind of gives me the creeps.

diane said...

Awesome treasures!
I just got home from a flea market ... although I didn't score as well as I had hoped, I did leave there with two "treasures".
I just love the doll's expression!!!
Have a great Sunday!
diane

Art and Sand said...

Lots of fun small finds.

I love looking at old handwriting. Most of my middle school students had no idea how to write cursive.

Laurie said...

LOL -- me too, Kathy (the doll face!) That handwriting on the postcard is just lovely!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Love the smalls..I could poke and dig through the tiny items forever.
What a glorious fall day huh?

Doni said...

Hi Kathy!
I'm just laughing and grinning at the face on that doll!!! She seems to be, uh, well, maybe a bit gassy?? Oh well, too cute to do anything but laugh!!
Thanks for showing us your fun finds!
Blessings,
Doni

Annette said...

I think the last girl is reacting to the pretty girl losing her head! Great finds!

vintage grey said...

Sometimes the smalls are the best! I have a few of the cheese boxes like those and the writing is gorgeous on the post card!! That little doll is too much! ;) xo Heather

Maureen said...

I love smalls too... little treasures that are easy to display.

I just love that writing on the postcard; incredible penmanship!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Oh, what a treasure that postcard is! Love the little trinket boxes, too. Funny face dolly! xo

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I bet people will love your shadow boxes. I just can't figure out what people will and won't like, I usually make 3 of something and then give it a shot, but these are cute and such a good idea

Carol

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

You did good! So many little treasure you're going to have so much fun with. Oh yes, I have days like that too.

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Such great treasures! I love smalls too! And I love the old box! The writing on the post card is too sweet! I'm excited we have a flea market coming up this weekend, hoping to find some good things!! :) Have a great week! xo Holly

CATHY said...

That is one scary doll - I want to see what you will do with it!