Saturday, September 14, 2013

Random Vacation...

 Vacation means I don't go to the office, it absolutely doesn't mean I stop junking!  The little pile above is from the VOA.  Laurie and Danielle, I think THIS pair of shoes finally fits my fat-footed little walking doll - yay!  I didn't care for the pink cabs on top of the two treasure boxes but thought they would be cute filled with buttons.  I re-colored the cabs with alcohol ink and one is now cranberry and the other one purple.
 A few pretty buttons I forgot to show you.
 We just got back from the beach last night and these goodies were from several places including the Lincoln City Goodwill store.  What, everybody doesn't stop at Goodwill when they are traveling??
 Sorry these pictures are so poor.  I took them after we got home last night and was apparently too tired to take a decent picture.  I really scored on a huge poke sack of ribbons so that motivated me to pull the empty spools off my ribbon storage to make room for new.
 I know this is a wacky vacation picture!  We like to stay at the Ester Lee Cottages when we are in Lincoln City.  They are old, probably built in the 40s or 50s, and still have a lot of the old-school beach vibe.  I thought this pink and mint green bathroom was so adorable I had to show you.  Probably not a color combination I would choose in my home but perfect at the beach!
And lastly, some pretty pink flowers growing outside a place where we stopped for breakfast.  The leaves remind me of Coral Bells but those flowers are completely different.  Does anyone know what they are??
Today I am trying to stay motivated to get a bunch of Etsy listing done so I can make some room on my workbench to actually do some projects - imagine!

17 comments:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

The SHOES, the SHOES...hurray!

diane said...

What awesome treasures!!!
I love going on treasure hunts.

Have a great weekend :-D

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love all of that old tile in beachy colors! And you found some great stuff! Love the little sweet dolly and the jewelry boxes! Very nice treasures...and fun vacation!

Art and Sand said...

We have friends who retired to Lincoln City. My family had homes in Cannon Beach and Rockaway. Is there a beach near those called Seaside or something like that? For some reason, the name of Seaside is coming to the front of my mind and I wonder if someone in the family had a beach house there.

I do not stop at Goodwill while vacationing because I can rarely get Steve near a shop at all, much less while on vacation.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Fun goodies! I think the pink cabs are too new looking for those pretty boxes, great idea to re-color them. Love the vintage charm of that bathroom. Lincoln City is such a cute town, sounds like you had a great time.

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

What a great haul of treasures! I like those treasure boxes...those will be neat filled with some things!! :) Cute bathroom, and perfect for vacation! :) Happy Sunday! xo Holly

Curtains in My Tree said...

you always get a lot of goodies,and love the buttons of course

I like Lincoln City better than any others up and down the coast
I will be at Seaside next June my daughter already has her timeshare reserved there.
Last year we were in Long Beach Washington

Oh I use to like the outlet mall at Lincoln City and isn't there an antique mall there? seems like I found some goodies there once
I do like the vintage vacation cottage you stayed in so retro

Into Vintage said...

Ha! I always stop at Goodwill(or its equivalent) while on vacation! I even went to one in Hawaii. That's normal, isn't it?

Annette said...

I love the little bathroom in pink and green which is one of my favorite color combos. The little shoes are too cute. I hope they worked out!

Andy's Attic said...

Goodwill on vacation? Doesn't everybody!!? Love that bathroom, and the many treasures. sorry vacations have to end!

Blessed Serendipity said...

I am so happy the girls got her shoes. Would you believe I saw a woman purchasing THAT doll with the shoes on her and I was so very tempted to pull those shoes off of her for you..... LOL! Score on the goodies and cute bath pics too. I always thought that was a cute little place right on the beach and wondered what it looked like inside. Hope you had lots of fun on your trip.

xo Danielle

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Welcome back! I love that old pink and green tile! Great shopping treasures found along the way, I found a huge bag of ribbons, years ago and still use them..Great score!

Carol

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Kathy, you asked about ironing the flowers on the dress form. I actually used a big iron, but plan on getting one of those little craft or quilting irons...That would make it a lot easier!

Carol

vintage grey said...

LOve the shoes! ;) And those tin canisters are so sweet! I have the same little black tray! I just love them!! And, I would so have just a mint green bathroom! ;) Have a wonderful week! xo Heather

Janet's Creations said...

Hi Kathy, it seems as though we must be neighbors. I live near that antique store you talked about. We also stay at the Esther Lee in Lincoln City (the view!!! OMG the view!). We have had not the pleasure of the cute green and pink bathroom. I think it's quite charming.
Oh, and I do stop at Goodwill at the beach. There's an even better place at Lincoln City and I will tell you the name when I can think of it (old age, y'no).
Here's to a small world.
Janet

GardenOfDaisies said...

Kathy, The pink flower is an anenome. Pretty, isn't it?

Heidi Ann said...

I LOVE the bathroom you showed in the photo? Would you possibly be able to tell me which cottage numbers there you know of that have great old bathrooms like that? I would like to try and stay in one of them sometime. I am hoping that my sister and I might be able to take a trip up the coast one of theses days. I have a friend who lives in Vancouver, WA. whom I want to go visit SO badly!