Thursday, March 21, 2013

My Favorites

 These are my favorites from the last big button score.  I always save the carved, dyed and odd-shaped MOP.  I got so many ordinary white mother of pearl buttons in the last junk score that my jars runeth over and really need to list some of those on Etsy.  Up until now I have only parted with the dark ones but, seriously, how many plain MOP buttons do I need??  Oh wait, doesn't the one with the most buttons win??
 These rhinestone buttons are all plastic.  I do love those cream colored ones!
 Vegetable ivory and the three at the bottom are metal.  I'm not sure what the black material is on the two with the pearl centers.  I think it is actually a cuff button.
 The glass buttons.  I have never had one like the beige one with the speckles.  It is painted glass.
A nice little pile of plastic buttons.  My favorite is the Lucite one at the bottom right side.  It looks like confetti inside it.  You can click all of the pictures bigger for a closer look.
Love love the button treasure hunt!

11 comments:

Andy's Attic said...

More great buttons. The confetti one is fun. I like the red and silver pair on that plate too. Are you going to Plucky to hunt treasures?

The Junque Seeker said...

I'd have a hard time parting with any of these!

Annette said...

Oooh, I love the rhinestone ones! I think I like the plates as much as the buttons too!

Barbara said...

Not my usual style at all, but I love those plastic rhinestone buttons!

Blessed Serendipity said...

I wonder if you dream of buttons..... :)

Danielle

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

You've been having too much fun with your buttons again. I think you just might win the contest.

vintage grey said...

So many pretty buttons!! Love your pretty dishes, too! Happy Friday! xo Heather

Mandy @HKCHIC said...

I have nominated you for the Liebster Award.

Check it out here

Maureen said...

You're right; you win!

That confetti one is very cool! Never seen one quite like it before.

Sandra Kaye said...

I LOVE the hankies!!!! I am trying to collect them myself..One day I will make a quilt with them:):) Hugs- S

CATHY said...

So much fun! There are so beautiful buttons in this batch!