Sunday, March 3, 2013

Impulse Stop

 On my way home from work on Friday night I spotted an estate sale on the next street over from my house and it was still open.  What could I do except drive right past my house and head there?  They must have had a great turnout because the place was pretty much picked clean of smalls but I did find a few things.  The bottom three doilies in the picture are tatted.
The three earrings are singles but they are sparkly so I will use them in my inspiration kits. Love the plaid hankie. I didn't think there would be any time for junking so it was a nice start to the weekend!
I finished sorting and cleaning the latest buttons so next post will be my "keepers".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool that you found those Vogart and Aunt Martha transfers. I found some Aunt Martha's a few weeks ago and while I don't sew much I'm hoping to use those to start. great finds!

The Junque Seeker said...

Sometimes the sales you just happen upon are the most fun of all! Look forward to seeing the "keepers" from your button haul.

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh such lovely tattered doilies. The work from some clever hands indeed.
Have a great week Kathy!
Suzy

Laurie said...

I think there's a law against not stopping at an estate sale that close to your house. (Or should be!) I love finding tatted pieces!

vintage grey said...

Oh, such pretty finds! Love all the doilies and transfers! Happy Monday! xo Heather

Annette said...

Well, of course you had to drive past your house and head there! I love the colors of the doilies. Maybe because they are so springy looking and I'm so ready for spring!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

At least they left some pretty treasures for you. Those doilies are so delicate and I never pass up a lone earring.