Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Shopping Side Trip

 I didn't mean to do it.  I spent the morning Christmas shopping with The Husband and I am nearly finished.  I wrapped last night until I ran out of paper so I dropped him off at home and headed to the Dollar Tree for more paper...
 ... which just happens to be right next door to the VOA.  And I hadn't used my  60% off secret phrase yet.  What could I do?
And happy was I to find three poke sacks and three apothecary jars and one tiny old watering can.  Oh oh, this is my third watering can.  I dumped out the poke sacks and haven't sorted them yet but I already spotted a couple black glass buttons and some really neat green oval shapes.  Now I am off to FINISH the wrapping and my reward will be the poking!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Whee!! I plan to make a couple of "accidental" trips to thrift stores in the coming week, too! :) I can't wait to see what your poke sacks turn up!

Linda Carole Bloom said...

I did a thrift shop crawl yesterday and got 2, 4 yard lengths of white cotton, a damask tablecloth, two very old books to use for tag making, etc., some old music to copy for same, and 8 doilies for under $20!!

Diane said...

Oh--a great shopping day :)

My Vintage Mending said...

Alright...I have never seen a poke sack but these are amazing finds. I am drooling over that watering can! Merry Christmas...Renee

Annette said...

I've never seen a poke sack either, but I can't wait to see what you found! The little perfume bottles look interesting.