Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Happy Mail!

I was delighted to receive a surprise package from an Internet friend, Sheila, in the mail this week.  If you read her genre you may know her better as best-selling author Lynn Viehl.  We "met" as a result of my Etsy shop.  She is not only a best-selling author but also a very talented fiber artist.
I was thrilled to receive this beautiful lined tote bag embellished with red and cream beads.  It is stunning and I can't wait to use it!!  Oh, to have the patience (and the eyesight!) for all that stitching.
I learned that she collects vintage cabinets cards and uses them as inspiration for the characters in her books.  She is a regular Etsy customer and I love to include a little something extra with her orders so I specifically had my eye out for some cabinet cards for her during our Autumn trip to Pennsylvania. I never expected anything in return so you can imagine I was over the moon with this surprise package!
She has my number!  The button book is one I do not have and it is sitting on the ottoman in my living room as a special treat for my Christmas day reading.  She also shared these buttons from her personal collection and told me the ones in perfectly patina-ed little tin are from FRANCE.  How cool is that!  Thank you, Sheila, and I am so happy we "found" each other.  I love the Internet!

14 comments:

Annette said...

That is a really gorgeous tote bag! The little tin and box are beautiful too. I know you'll enjoy the book. What a special package to receive!

Art and Sand said...

You always seem to have a new term for me. What is a cabinet card?

I love your bag, but would be afraid to use it.

Jewels said...

Wow that is a lovely gift...

Beth Leintz said...

Oh the graphics on those button cards are "to die for". The beading on the bag is incredible-that was a GOOD mail day!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Wow - what a fabulous gift. SO many goodies. What a sweet friend.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a fun package and wonderful buttons! And that tote bag? Exquisite! WOW! It's gorgeous! Holiday hugs, Diane

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a sweet surprise. You must have had the best time looking over every one of those little gems. Love the beaded bag too, so much detail. I have that same book. Love it!

Annette said...

That tote alone is an awesome gift. Then she added all that other goodness. What a generous woman! You are one lucky lady to have found such a good blog friend.

Blessed Serendipity said...

How beautiful! I am sure she knew you would appreciate all the hard work and of course some more buttons.

xo Danielle

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, what a wonderful assortment of gifts you received and gave. The beaded and stitched bag is gorgeous and what a talent for all that work.
The book is a delight and she surely knows you well.
Have a great weekend and sending hugs for a very Merry Christmas to you and yours.
XO

Laurie said...

Swooning!!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

So pretty!! Such a wonderful surprise, I'm sure she knew you would just treasure each of those items! :) Love the bag, its so unique and the detail is lovely!! The cute box is like a little treasure chest! Happy sweet day to you! xo Holly

Gail said...

That's the BEST kind of mail surprise....one you weren't expecting!

CATHY said...

oh what a WONDERFUL gift! she certainly knows you!!! and that bag is so pretty. we love our internet friends!!