Thursday, May 2, 2013

Buttons and Herbs

Does this woman think about anything else you might wonder.  Well, of course I do!  Sometimes I think about junk and snacks and coffee and even beer. Oh, and then there is the big girl job, but that is a different story... I scored a new tin of buttons last week and these are my favorites.
A few glass buttons to add to my collection.
A few metal buttons.  I keep the uniform buttons in their own special category.
Lots of interesting plastics. Love that star and the two clear saucers with blue centers.


A few buckles in this lot.  The black diamond has already made it's way into a new inspiration kit for Etsy.
One card of button. The buttons aren't really anything too special but I love the card. Miss America Buttons!
I planted cilantro and chives in pots tonight. Clearly we are still working on laying down the landscape cloth around the new garden and no bark yet because getting the plants going is taking priority but we are making progress every day.  We are having an extended dry spell and the weather is warming up now so we even had to start watering this week. We are getting the planting done just in the nick of time!
Blogger seems to be having a belly ache tonight so I hope I can get this posted after about two hours of trying to get connected and load the pictures.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kathy. My girls are big button collectors. Their grandmother let them go through her button collection and take what they wanted. That's what got them started. We have a fabric store that has a huge tote full of nothing but buttons. They are 1 cent each, and my girls love digging through finding "special" buttons. My son also has the buttons from his great grandfathers military uniforms.

I am glad your planting is coming along nicely. Have a wonderful weekend.

:)Vicki

WW said...

I love living vicariously through your button posts, apparently there aren't very cool buttons around here. I'm still hoping though, garage sale season has just started, so maybe I'll find some ... starting next weekend, as it is snowing outside.
Have a good weekend, I love seeing what you find.

Wendy W

Laurie said...

Oh, I love that first comment -- Floozies in the making! Lovely new button finds! I never tire of looking.

Annette said...

Great new buttons. I am so sick of blogger and google I could scream..but what good would it do? Enjoy this lovely weather!!

vintage grey said...

Love the Miss America button card! So neat!! Cilantro is a favorite!! Happy weekend! xo Heather

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love your new button and buckle stash. Don't you wish you could plant some of those?

Annette said...

Those red white and blue buttons caught my eye as well as the round red buckle. I'm really glad you share your finds with us!

Maureen said...

I was thinking of you a few days ago... I found a nice bag of old buttons still on cards at "The Village"... not expensive but I too love the old graphics! "Miss America" buttons! Too cool!

CATHY said...

Kathy...exactly HOW many buttons do you think you have: : )